Present-day managers are confronted to a severe crisis. The company is threatened by disorganization and dehumanization. Their professional reference framework is falling apart... But is this an unavoidable outcome?
This book aims to tackle this issue. It is made up of two parts. The first part consists in an analysis of the environment and of the challenges managers are facing. The second part introduces the Management through Professional Coaching (MPC) approach (concept, values, goals, structure and tools), a management system that ambitions to put the human factor to the center of every project. The manager thus becomes a project leader and a coach.
Although this book is written for managers, the MPC methodology can actually be used by everyone. It is interactive and offers self-coaching exercises.
Liliane Held-Khawam is an economist. She founded Pro Mind Consulting in 1989, with the motto "developing the organization by developing its human potential".
The eBook "Management through Professional Coaching: Learning to Cope with Complexity in a Globalized Economy" is now available on Amazon.com and Kobo!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART I: Confronting the Loss of the Manager’s Reference Framework
1. The Evolution of Economic Markets
2. The Fragmentation of the Manager’ Professional Environment
3. The Effects of Accelerated Change
PART II: Going Through the Hardships of Present-Day Management
4. The Turmoil Caused by Unstable Economic Markets
5. The Dangers of a Failed Business Process Reengineering Implementation
6. The Other Causes of Organizational Failures
7. The Human Factor at the Heart of Organizational Tensions
8. The Blockages That Can Ensue From Failed Reengineering Processes
9. The Impact on Managerial and Organizational Competitiveness
PART III: Getting Acquainted with the MPC Reference Framework
10. The Definition of MPC Core Values
11. The Implementation of a Global Steering Approach
12. The Complementary Goals of an MPC-Based Management Approach
PART IV: Releasing the Company’s Human Competencies
13. The Assessment of Individual and Collective Competencies
14. The Development of Organizational Health
15. The Role of Managers Who Apply the MPC Methodology
16. The Evolution of the Key Success Factors for Managers
PART V: Designing an MPC Project
17. The Assessment of the Project’s Mission
18. The Assessment of the Project Leader’s Skills
19. The Definition of the Project’s Framework and Action Plan
20. The Different Tools That May Be Used in the MPC Approach
The self-coaching exercises contained in the book are also freely accessible online. They allow you to design a tailored professional project by structuring your professional activity by following a well-defined process.